I’ve always loved the combination of feta and olives, and my latest creation, Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives, is an easy way to enjoy those flavors in one dish. Growing up, my mom often served eggplant as a side dish for dinner and I was never a huge fan. But when I started experimenting with different recipes and textures, I discovered that eggplant can be a delicious addition to any meal.
Grilling the eggplant brings out its flavor and creaminess, while the feta and olives add a salty and tangy taste. I like to use a combination of regular green olives and Kalamata olives to give the dish a unique flavor. And the feta cheese adds a creamy, salty, and slightly tangy taste.
This Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives makes a great side dish, but it can also be served as a main course. It’s a great dish to make for a crowd, as it’s easy to prepare and can be served at room temperature. I like to serve it with a crisp green salad, or with some crusty bread for a heartier meal.
Give this Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives a try and you won’t be disappointed. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have access to a grill, you can also roast the eggplant in the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the eggplant slices for 25-30 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- To make this dish vegan, omit the feta cheese and add a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.
- For an extra kick of flavor, sprinkle some chopped fresh herbs such as oregano, basil, or parsley over the top.
Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives
- Grill, cutting board, knife
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- null Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.5 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 0.25 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplant for about 5 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Transfer the eggplant to a serving plate and top with the feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and green olives.
- Serve immediately.