When I think of summer, one of the first things that comes to mind is grilled eggplant. Not only is it a delicious and nutritious way to enjoy eggplant, but it’s also so simple to prepare. I’ve been making this Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives recipe for years, and it never fails to impress my family and friends.
When I was growing up, my mom would often make this dish for my siblings and me. She’d slice the eggplant into thick rounds, brush them with olive oil, and then grill them to perfection. While it was cooking, she’d prepare the feta and olives, and when the eggplant was ready, she’d top it with the feta and olives, and a sprinkle of herbs. We’d all gather around the table and enjoy this simple yet flavorful summer meal together.
Now that I have my own family, I like to keep the tradition alive. I love making this Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives for my family and seeing their reactions when they taste it. It’s always so satisfying to watch them enjoy something that I’ve cooked, and this recipe is always a hit!
- If you don’t have a grill, you can also bake the eggplant in the oven. Brush with olive oil, and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- For a vegan option, substitute the feta cheese with vegan cheese.
- You can also add other toppings, such as tomatoes, onions, or avocado.
Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives
- Grill, cutting board, sharp knife, bowl, olive oil, spatula
- 2 large eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.5 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.5 cup pitted olives, chopped
- 0.25 cup fresh herbs, chopped (I like to use oregano and basil)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush each eggplant round with olive oil on both sides.
- Place eggplant rounds on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once the eggplant is cooked through and golden, remove from the grill and place on a plate.
- Top each eggplant round with feta cheese, olives, and herbs. Serve immediately.