Summer has been a hectic time for us, but we’ve been trying to make the most of the warmer weather by having family barbecues and grilling out as often as we can. One of my favorite side dishes to make for these barbecues is this Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives. I’ve been making this dish for years, and it’s always a hit with my family. The eggplant is lightly charred and smoky, and the feta and olives add a salty and tangy flavor. Plus, it’s so easy to make, so it’s a great dish to throw together when you’re pressed for time.
My mom always taught me that the secret to making a great grilled eggplant dish is to make sure that you season it well and don’t forget the feta and olives. The feta adds a creamy texture and the olives add a nice briny flavor.
I like to serve this dish with a side of fresh bread or a salad, and it’s always a hit with my family and friends. If you’re looking for a delicious summer side dish, give this Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives a try!
- To make this dish vegan, simply omit the feta cheese.
- For a spicier dish, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the eggplant before grilling.
- If you want to add a bit of sweetness, add a few pieces of thinly sliced red onion to the eggplant before grilling.
- For an even heartier dish, add some cooked quinoa or couscous to the eggplant before grilling.
Savory Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Olives
- Grill, cutting board, knife, bowl, spoon
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.5 teaspoon sea salt
- 0.25 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 0.5 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplant slices for 4-5 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and tender.
- Transfer the grilled eggplant to a serving plate and top with feta cheese and olives.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.