As a food enthusiast, I love experimenting with new ingredients and flavors in the kitchen. This egg fried rice recipe is one of my absolute favorites, and I’m so excited to share it with you!
Growing up, my family always had egg fried rice for special occasions, like birthdays and holidays. I fondly remember gathering in the kitchen, helping to cook and prepare the ingredients. We’d laugh and chat as we cooked, and the smell of the fried rice was irresistible.
It’s been a few years since I’ve had my family’s egg fried rice, and I’m so excited to share my version with you! This egg fried rice recipe is easy to make and packs a lot of flavor. I love the combination of the savory fried rice and the salty egg that’s cooked on top. Plus, it’s a one-pot meal, so you won’t have to worry about washing multiple dishes.
I hope you enjoy this delicious egg fried rice recipe!
- For a spicier dish, add 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- If you don’t have frozen peas and carrots, you can use any other vegetables you have on hand.
- For a richer flavor, try adding 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- For a vegetarian option, omit the eggs and substitute vegetable broth for the soy sauce.
Scrumptious Chinese Egg Fried Rice
- Large skillet, small bowl, whisk, spatula
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 scallions, diced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cooked rice, soy sauce, and sesame oil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Push the rice mixture to the side of the skillet and add the eggs. Cook the eggs until they are cooked through and scramble them with the rice.
- Stir in the scallions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm.