My family loves a delicious breakfast, and French Toast with Maple Syrup is one of our favorites! I remember as a kid, my mom would make this for me on special occasions and it always put a smile on my face. I still make it for my own family now and it brings back fond memories.
I like to make my French Toast fluffy and golden brown on the outside, but still soft and creamy on the inside. The key to getting it just right is to let the egg mixture soak into the bread for a few minutes before cooking. I also like to add a bit of cinnamon to the mixture for extra flavor.
Once it’s ready, I serve it with a generous pour of Maple Syrup. The combination of the sweet syrup and the savory egg mixture is simply scrumptious! I also like to add a few berries for a bit of extra sweetness, and a dollop of plain yogurt for a bit of tanginess.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy breakfast recipe, you can’t go wrong with French Toast with Maple Syrup. Enjoy!
For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free bread and check that your Maple Syrup is certified gluten-free.
For a dairy-free version, use dairy-free milk and butter.
For a vegan version, use dairy-free milk, butter, and an egg substitute such as a flax egg.
For a sweeter version, add a tablespoon of sugar to the egg mixture.
For a savory version, omit the cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar from the egg mixture and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve with a savory topping such as salsa or pesto.
Scrumptious French Toast with Maple Syrup
- Frying pan, whisk, spatula, plate
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 0.25 cup maple syrup
- null Fresh berries (optional)
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for 2-3 minutes, flipping once.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the soaked bread slices to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the French Toast to a plate and serve with maple syrup, fresh berries, and plain yogurt (optional).