Are you looking for a delicious, hearty soup that’s perfect for any occasion? Then look no further than this Scrumptious Mediterranean Soup. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and full of nutrients. Plus, it’s a great way to bring the whole family together!
Growing up, my mom would make this soup when we would have large family gatherings. Everyone would come together and enjoy a meal that was both comforting and delicious. I remember the warmth of the soup and the taste of the herbs and spices that filled the kitchen. I knew that it was a special family moment when we would come together and enjoy this soup.
Now, as an adult, I’m still making this soup and sharing it with my own family and friends. I love how easy it is to make and the way it brings everyone together. I also love experimenting with different herbs and spices to give it a unique flavor. This Scrumptious Mediterranean Soup is sure to become a favorite in your home too!
- For a vegan version, omit the white beans and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- For a more flavorful soup, add 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- To add some protein, you can add cooked chickpeas or shredded chicken.
- For a creamy soup, add 1/2 cup of coconut milk or heavy cream.
- For a gluten-free version, use quinoa instead of pasta.
Scrumptious Mediterranean Soup
- Large saucepan, soup ladle, wooden spoon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 0.5 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened.
- Add the oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, white beans, quinoa, zucchini, and parsley. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked through.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with extra parsley, if desired.