When my family and I first moved to the United States, I was introduced to the world of slow cooking. I remember my first attempt at making a Mexican breakfast in the slow cooker, and it was a huge success. I was amazed at how easy and delicious it was! Since then, I’ve been experimenting with different ingredients and flavors in the slow cooker to make a scrumptious, Mexican-inspired breakfast.
I drew inspiration from a traditional Mexican breakfast, but added some of my own touches to make it a family favorite. I love using simple ingredients like eggs, onions, and chili peppers to create a tasty, flavorful dish. I also like to add a bit of Mexican cheese to give it a creamy texture.
My favorite part of this recipe is that it’s so easy to make! All you need to do is mix the ingredients together in the slow cooker, turn it on, and let it do its thing. I like to garnish the dish with some fresh cilantro and a sprinkle of cheese for a little extra flavor.
This Mexican breakfast is the perfect way to start your day! It’s deliciously flavorful and so easy to make. I know your family will love it as much as mine does!
- For a spicier version, add more jalapeños or chili powder.
- For a milder version, omit the jalapeños.
- For a vegetarian version, substitute the black beans for cooked quinoa or diced mushrooms.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream, or diced tomatoes.
Scrumptious Slow Cooker Mexican Breakfast
- Slow cooker, cutting board, knife
- 3 large eggs
- 0.5 cup chopped onion
- 0.5 cup diced red bell pepper
- 0.25 cup diced jalapeno pepper
- 0.25 cup diced green bell pepper
- 0.5 cup cooked black beans
- 0.25 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- Grease the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, black beans, cheese, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve. Enjoy!