I love exploring the wonderful world of vegetables! Recently, I’ve been experimenting with eggplant and decided to take it up a notch by grilling it. I was inspired by a trip to the local garden, where I picked up a variety of fresh vegetables and herbs to add to this secret eggplant dish. I love the combination of flavors that comes from the smoky, charred eggplant and the vibrant, fresh herbs. It’s a delicious, unique way to enjoy eggplant and I know my family and friends will love it.
I’ve always made an effort to get my kids involved in the kitchen, and this eggplant recipe was no exception. They helped me pick out the vegetables and herbs from the garden and even helped me prep the ingredients. We had a lot of fun in the kitchen and I could tell they were excited to try this new dish. In the end, the eggplant came out perfectly grilled and the garden vegetables and herbs added a wonderful flavor to the dish. It was a hit with the whole family!
Tip: To get the best flavor, let the eggplant marinate in the spices and herbs for at least one hour before grilling.
Variations: For a vegetarian option, omit the parmesan cheese. For a vegan option, use vegan parmesan cheese.
Secret Garden Grilled Eggplant
- grill, cutting board, knife, mixing bowl, tongs, spoon, measuring cups/spoons
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 0.5 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped herbs (such as parsley, chives, mint, or basil)
- 0.25 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, black pepper, and freshly chopped herbs.
- Brush the eggplant slices with the olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle the spices and herbs over the eggplant slices.
- Place the eggplant slices on the preheated grill. Grill for 5-7 minutes per side, until the eggplant is tender and lightly charred.
- Top the grilled eggplant slices with freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!