Everyone loves a good holiday dessert, and this Simply Delicious Cranberry and Orange Cake is the perfect festive treat. I grew up in a family that loved to bake, so I was surrounded by delicious treats during the holidays. One of my favorite recipes was this cranberry and orange cake. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and tart flavors and it always brings a smile to the faces of my family and friends.
I start by preheating the oven to 350°F and greasing a 9-inch springform pan. Then, I sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In a stand mixer, I cream together the butter, sugar, and orange zest. Once this is light and fluffy, I add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined. I then add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Next, I fold in the orange juice and cranberries.
I pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once it’s done baking, I remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes before taking it out of the pan. I dust it with powdered sugar and serve it with a dollop of whipped cream.
This Simply Delicious Cranberry and Orange Cake is always a hit during the holidays. It’s a family favorite that I’m sure you’ll love too!
- If you want a sweeter cake, you can add an extra 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You can replace the cranberries with blueberries or raspberries for a different flavor.
- Replace the orange zest with lime zest for a zesty flavor.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter for a hint of spice.
Simply Delicious Cranberry and Orange Cake
- 9-inch springform pan, stand mixer, sifter, medium bowl, whisk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and orange zest until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the orange juice and cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes before taking out of the pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream.