Growing up, I had the privilege of learning how to make lasagna from my grandmother. She had a special secret recipe that involved layering the pasta with ricotta and a delicious tomato sauce. I have since tweaked her recipe to make it my own, and I’m excited to share it with you today!
This Simply Delicious Italian Lasagna is the perfect comfort food. The layers of pasta are cooked to perfection, and the ricotta and tomato sauce create the perfect balance of flavors. The cheese is melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and the tomato sauce is full of flavor.
This lasagna is easy to make and can be served as a main dish or side dish. It is the perfect dish to bring to family gatherings or potluck dinners. I can guarantee that it will be a hit with all your friends and family!
- If you don’t have fresh basil, you can use dried basil instead.
- To make the lasagna vegan, substitute the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses with vegan alternatives.
- If you want a spicier lasagna, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the tomato sauce.
- To make the lasagna gluten-free, use gluten-free lasagna noodles.
- For extra flavor, add a layer of cooked ground beef or sausage to the lasagna.
- If you don’t have tomato sauce, you can use store-bought marinara sauce or make your own.
Simply Delicious Italian Lasagna
- Baking dish, pot, pan
- 0.5 pound lasagna noodles
- 0.5 cup ricotta cheese
- 0.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.25 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles over the sauce. Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and 6 more noodles. Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over noodles, followed by 1/2 cup tomato sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Allow lasagna to cool for 10 minutes before serving.