Do you ever have those days when you want to make something special but don’t want to spend too much time or effort? Well, I recently had one of those days and I knew that a tasty apple rose tart was the perfect solution. This tart is so simple to make, but looks impressive and is absolutely delicious! I was inspired to make this tart after a recent family gathering. My aunt is an amazing baker and she made a beautiful apple tart and I wanted to try to recreate it.
I started by pre-baking the tart crust. I used a 9-inch tart pan and some store-bought crust. I rolled it out and placed it in the tart pan, then lined it with parchment paper and filled it with pie weights. This helped to ensure that the crust stayed nice and flaky. I pre-baked the crust for about 10 minutes, until it was golden brown.
Next, I prepared the apples. I used a sharp knife to slice the apples into thin slices. I then arranged the apple slices in a circular pattern, starting from the outside and working my way in. I used the remaining apple slices to create the rose pattern on top of the tart. I brushed the apples with a bit of melted butter and sprinkled some sugar on top. I then baked the tart for about 40 minutes, until the apples were soft and the crust was golden brown.
Once the tart was finished baking, I let it cool completely before sprinkling it with powdered sugar. The result was a beautiful and tasty apple rose tart that my family absolutely loved. It was perfectly sweet and the flaky crust was the perfect complement to the soft apples. I’m so glad that I was able to recreate my aunt’s tart, and I can’t wait to make it again!
- Use a sharp knife to ensure that the apple slices are thin and uniform.
- If you don’t have a tart pan, you can use a regular pie plate.
- For a more decadent tart, you can add some caramel sauce before baking.
- For a crunchier crust, brush the crust with an egg wash before baking.
- This tart is also delicious with pears or peaches.
- You can also add nuts or spices, such as cinnamon or nutmeg, to the tart.
- You can also add berries or other fruits to the tart.
Tasty Apple Rose Tart
- 9-inch tart pan, rolling pin, sharp knife, pastry brush, parchment paper, pie weights, baking sheet, cooling rack
- 1 9-inch store-bought tart crust
- 4 medium-sized apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- null Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out tart crust and place in a 9-inch tart pan. Line with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Pre-bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slice apples into thin slices and arrange in a circular pattern, starting from the outside and working your way in. Arrange remaining apple slices in a rose pattern on top of the tart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until apples are soft and crust is golden brown. Let cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.