Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries have been a favorite in my family for years. Whenever I think of fun family meals, these fries come to mind. They are so easy to make, and the combination of garlic and Parmesan is just irresistible!
My mom used to make them for us all the time when I was growing up. She would always make a big batch so that everyone could have some. I remember the smell of the garlic and Parmesan wafting through the air before we even had a chance to sit down at the table. It was so comforting and delicious!
Now that I’m older, I love making these fries for my own family. I always make sure to use lots of garlic and Parmesan, and I always bake them until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. It’s the perfect balance of flavors and textures. I can’t help but smile when I see my family enjoying my homemade version of this classic dish.
Tips: For a spicier version, add more red pepper flakes. For a milder version, omit the red pepper flakes. If you don’t have fresh parsley, you can use dried parsley instead. You can also try different types of cheese, such as Asiago or Pecorino Romano.
Variations: For a vegetarian version, omit the Parmesan cheese. For a vegan version, omit the Parmesan cheese and use vegan cheese instead. You can also add different herbs and spices to the fries, such as cumin, paprika, or cayenne pepper.
Tasty Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Oven, baking sheet, aluminum foil, bowl, and large spoon
- 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 0.5 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Toss the potatoes to evenly coat them with the oil and spices.
- Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and parsley on the potatoes and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve the Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries hot.