I’m always looking for quick and easy meals to make for my family. This 10 minute Mexican skillet with rice is one of our favorites! It’s an incredibly budget-friendly meal that can be made with ingredients you already have in your pantry and fridge. I love to experiment with flavors and different ingredients, so I’m always trying to come up with new recipes for my family. This one is especially close to my heart because it’s a dish that my grandmother used to make for us when I was a child. I’m so happy I can now share it with my own family!
- Add 1/2 cup of cooked chicken or beef for a protein boost.
- Swap the black beans for kidney beans.
- Swap the corn for diced zucchini.
- Add 1/4 cup of diced jalapenos for more heat.
Top 10 Minute Mexican Skillet with Rice
- skillet, rice cooker, stirring spoon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon paprika
- 0.25 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or canned, drained
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the cooked rice, tomatoes, beans and corn. Stir to combine and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!