Fajitas are a favorite in my family for so many reasons. They are incredibly easy to make, require only a few ingredients, and can be customized to fit everyone’s tastes. That’s why I love making this Family-Friendly Cast Iron Skillet Fajitas recipe. It’s a great way to get everyone around the table and the meal can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Plus, the cast iron skillet ensures that the flavors will blend together perfectly.
The secret to this recipe is marinating the chicken before cooking. I like to let it sit in a mixture of lime juice, oil, garlic, and cumin for a few hours before cooking. This results in juicy, flavorful chicken that pairs perfectly with the bell peppers. I also like to add a little bit of chili powder for a little kick. To make the fajitas even better, I like to serve them with a side of sour cream and guacamole.
My family loves this recipe, and it’s always a hit when I make it for parties or gatherings. It’s a great way to bring people together over a delicious meal and it’s sure to please everyone. So, if you’re looking for a quick, easy, and family-friendly meal, give this Family-Friendly Cast Iron Skillet Fajitas recipe a try.
- For a spicier version, add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the marinade.
- For a sweeter version, add 1/4 cup of honey to the marinade.
- If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can use a regular skillet instead.
- If you don’t want to use chicken, you can use steak instead.
Top Family-Friendly Cast Iron Skillet Fajitas
- Cast iron skillet
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 onion, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- null Sour cream and guacamole, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken strips and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and let it melt. Add the bell peppers and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Warm the flour tortillas according to package instructions. Serve the chicken and vegetables in the tortillas with sour cream and guacamole.