Looking for the perfect holiday treat to share with your family? This Top French Apple Fritter Bread is a sweet and delicious option that can be enjoyed by all. I was inspired to create this recipe after visiting a bakery in Paris during the holidays. I was amazed by the flavors and textures of their apple fritter bread, and knew I had to recreate it for my family to enjoy. I spent days testing and tweaking the recipe until I got it just right. Now, it’s become a family favorite.
This recipe is easy to make and is the perfect combination of sweet, tart, and savory flavors. The apples give the loaf a nice crunch, while the syrup gives it a delicious sweetness. I love to serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream, or just a sprinkle of powdered sugar. It’s a great way to end any holiday meal!
For a sweeter loaf: Instead of maple syrup, you can use honey or agave syrup for a sweeter taste.
For a more flavorful loaf: You can add dried cranberries or raisins for a pop of flavor.
For a healthier loaf: You can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour, and use olive oil instead of butter.
Top French Apple Fritter Bread
- mixing bowl, loaf pan, wooden spoon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 cup butter, softened
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 0.25 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 0.5 cup chopped walnuts
- 0.25 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with maple syrup before serving.