My family has always been huge fans of Chinese food – the bold, savory flavors and the variety of ingredients. We love to experiment with different dishes, and this Chinese Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl is one of our favorites!
The inspiration for this dish came from my father-in-law, who is a great cook. He taught me how to make the perfect sesame sauce to drizzle over the noodles and chicken. Once we had the sauce, the rest of the dish was easy to put together. The crunchy vegetables provide the perfect contrast to the soft noodles, and the sesame chicken adds a delicious flavor to the dish.
This dish is a great way to bring everyone together for a delicious meal. It’s easy to make, and it’s also a great way to get in some veggies. I love making this Chinese Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl for my family – it’s always a hit!
For a vegetarian option, substitute the chicken with tofu. You can also use other vegetables such as snow peas or mushrooms.
For a spicy option, add more chili flakes or use a spicy chili sauce.
For a healthier option, use whole wheat noodles and use less oil.
Wellness Chinese Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl
- Large pot, strainer, frying pan, wooden spoon, spatula
- 0.25 cup sesame oil
- 0.25 cup soy sauce
- 0.25 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 pound chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 3 cups cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large pot, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and chili flakes. Stir until combined.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add bell pepper, onion and carrot and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cooked noodles and sesame seeds and cook until heated through.
- Serve hot.