My family has always been passionate about cooking and I grew up learning the secrets of Mediterranean cooking from my grandmother. Every family gathering was an opportunity to create something special, and her Mediterranean Soup was always a favorite. I wanted to recreate this special recipe to honor my grandmother and the memories we shared.
I started by sautéing onions, celery, carrots, and garlic in a large pot. I added in canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, and my favorite Mediterranean herbs and spices. I let it simmer for about an hour, and then I blended the soup until it was smooth and creamy.
The result was an incredibly flavorful and nutritious soup that not only reminded me of my grandmother, but that I also know my family will love. I’m sure it will become a staple at our holiday dinners for many years to come!
Wellness Mediterranean Soup
- Large pot, blender
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Carefully blend the soup in batches until smooth and creamy.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!